The chip does not have an internal battery or power source. In fact, most of the time it’s inactive. When the microchip reader is passed over it, the chip gets enough power from the reader to transmit the pet's ID number. Since there is no battery and no moving parts, there's nothing to wear out or replace. The microchip will last throughout your pet's lifetime.
- My pet is already microchipped, but how do I know if he is enrolled?
- I have already enrolled with HomeAgain some time ago. Am I entitled to the new services?
- Is it safe for my pet to have a microchip inside his body?
- How do I enroll with HomeAgain?
- Will the microchip ever wear out or have to be replaced?