All pets should wear collar tags with their name and the phone number of their owner or veterinarian. Tags, though, may become worn and impossible to read or may slip off. Collars themselves can break or slip off. A microchip is the only form of pet identification that is permanent, with a unique number that cannot be altered or removed.
- What if my pet is turned in at a shelter that isn't equipped with a scanner?
- My cat never goes outside. Does she really need a microchip ID?
- My pet is already microchipped, but how do I know if he is enrolled?
- What if my pet is found and I am unreachable at the contact number on file with HomeAgain?
- I have already enrolled with HomeAgain some time ago. Am I entitled to the new services?